LinkedIn continues to showcase that it is a powerful social media platform, especially with its ability to reach a B2B audience. In addition, with the current talent market being as tight as it is, many organizations are turning to LinkedIn to promote their employer brand and search for hard to find talent.
Our prediction for 2022 is that LinkedIn will continue its impressive growth, reaching record levels of engagement for marketers to reach potential clients and potential employees.
Here are some statistics to give you an idea of the current LinkedIn landscape:
LinkedIn community by the numbers:
- LinkedIn has over 810 million members in 200 countries worldwide (LinkedIn, 2021)
- Canada has over 19 million members on LinkedIn (LinkedIn, 2021)
- 4 out 5 LinkedIn members drive business decisions (LinkedIn, 2021)
- 90% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn for organic social marketing (Content Marketing Institute, 2021)
- LinkedIn has become the largest B2B display advertiser in the U.S. at 32.3% (eMarketer, 2021)
- Since early 2020 LinkedIn live streams have more than doubled, increasing by 158% (LinkedIn, 2020)
- LinkedIn is the most-used social media platform amongst Fortune 500 companies (FoundationInc, 2021)
- 9 billion content impressions in the LinkedIn feed every week (FoundationInc, 2021)
- 64% of visits to corporate websites from social media are from LinkedIn (Sumo, 2021)
- 91% of marketing executives list LinkedIn as the top place to find quality content (FoundationInc, 2021)
- 77 job applications are submitted on LinkedIn every second (LinkedIn, 2021)
- Over 12 million members are utilizing the #OpenToWork photoframe (LinkedIn, 2021)
- 49 million members use LinkedIn to search for jobs each week (LinkedIn, 2021)
- 6 people hired every minute on LinkedIn (LinkedIn, 2021)
With such powerful numbers and statistics behind it, those that have been able to utilize LinkedIn with a comprehensive LinkedIn strategy have been able to reap its benefits. There are an abundance of opportunities to take advantage of on LinkedIn with both organic and paid advertising platforms to promote your brand and employer brand to a captive audience.
Here are some statistics to help you formulate winning posts in 2022 (Ok Dork, 2020):
- Posts with 8 images will deliver the most number of LinkedIn engagement and views.
- Posts with titles between 40-49 characters receive the most views
- Including multimedia assets in your posts will actually decrease its reach on LinkedIn
- “How-To” and list style headlines will perform best for blogs on LinkedIn.
- The best days to post on LinkedIn are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays between 9am-12pm (Sprout Social, 2021)
Here are some tips to help understand your company analytics
Every company is unique and it is always best to understand some of the best practices but use your own data to drive your performance forward on LinkedIn. Understand your company “Updates” analytics for which posts are garnering the most impressions, clicks, interactions, followers acquired and engagement. By correlating the data here you will gain a better understanding of which types of posts are working and which are not.
Next take a stroll through your “Followers” analytics. This will give you an understanding of who your audience is. Seniority, Industry, Company Size, Function, and more. This data helps you to understand if you are attracting your target audience and the right followers.
Finally, have a look at your competitor data. Both directly on their company pages as well as through the “Competitors” analytics tab. LinkedIn allows you to search and add your top competitors to a list and benchmark your performance against them. If they are outperforming you, understand which types of posts they’re doing that are performing best and it will give you a better overall view of your target audience’s engagement trends.
You can not be a marketer and not be a numbers person in this day and age of marketing, make sure you understand the data and use it to drive performance on LinkedIn.